Relocated by Blogger ... "duh"

I have just found out that I have been virtually relocated by Blogger to the UK.  My blog url has always been
http://tatsaway.blogspot.com/, but lately I have seen this url http://tatsaway.blogspot.co.uk/ attached to links to my blog from other sites.  Clicking on either will still get you to my blog, and there is no change in the layout or format.

It got me worried at first, in case some weird stuff is happening to my blog without my knowledge but a check in Blogger support gives the explanation.  I don't have any issues with this, just sharing.

I tried the SSSR with join following the method that Jane showed in her blog, for my NB doily.  It does work but I find it to be rather cumbersome applying it for the doily, especially in trying to gauge the length of bare thread to leave for the second side of the split ring. In the time it took me to make the "split chain" stitch for that one ring, I could have finished half of the scallop.

I think I will do the scallops individually and hide the ends after that.  I tatted over tail when making the first ring of each scallop, so that is half of the work of hiding ends done.

Comments

  1. Thanks for looking into that - I'd noticed that everybody seemed to have moved to the UK!!! I thought we'd finally meet up at last!! Hopes dashed yet again, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, why do I have this nagging feeling that you will always bug me about the day I stood you up in that winter of 2010? ha ha ha ...

      Delete
  2. How about using magic thread to hide ends, I always use it. Not hard to do. Loveing doily so far. Happy tatting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the suggesstion, Geraldine. I have never been successful with the magic thread, so I usually sew in the ends.

      Delete
  3. I get so confused when settings change on any site I'm using, but changes on my blog really throw me for a loop. Luckily, it hasn't happened often... at least not that I've noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You betcha, Jon!!!!!! Wasn't it a bad day, though? Stratford NEVER gets snow like that usually. Next time you come over DON'T come in the winter!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it