I have just found out that I have been virtually relocated by Blogger to the UK. My blog url has always been
http://tatsaway.blogspot.com/, but lately I have seen this url http://tatsaway.blogspot.co.uk/ attached to links to my blog from other sites. Clicking on either will still get you to my blog, and there is no change in the layout or format.
It got me worried at first, in case some weird stuff is happening to my blog without my knowledge but a check in Blogger support gives the explanation. I don't have any issues with this, just sharing.
I tried the SSSR with join following the method that Jane showed in her blog, for my NB doily. It does work but I find it to be rather cumbersome applying it for the doily, especially in trying to gauge the length of bare thread to leave for the second side of the split ring. In the time it took me to make the "split chain" stitch for that one ring, I could have finished half of the scallop.
I think I will do the scallops individually and hide the ends after that. I tatted over tail when making the first ring of each scallop, so that is half of the work of hiding ends done.