The finished size is 22cm x 18cm (8.5in x 7in) and uses up about one ball of Milford in size 40. There is still some thread left on the ball but not sufficient to finish another row of motifs.
I decided to make a slight change to the design and in the way the motifs are joined together. I completed a sample of four squares and then made copies of the image to create a bigger one,
I think the second design looks too dense to my liking. There is no clear line in the layout that draws the eyes to, as compared to the seemingly interlocking squares of the first design. It does look slightly better in two colours if going by this rough drawing.