JS Doily 1 Update

Tatting the button ornaments is taking some time away from my Jan Stawasz's Doily 1.  I don't really mind that because the doily is a long-term project which I consider as something to fill my time when I am not creating new designs.


I am in the middle of Round 9 and it is now 38cm wide. I couldn't get a nice picture of the full doily so here is part of it.

I have also been crocheting during this pandemic.  I started on a Scheepjees CAL by Christina of the blog A Spoonful of Yarn called d'Histoire Naturelle. I decided to do the CAL to use up my yarn stash and stop when the yarn stash run out.  And it did before I completed the CAL.

There were six parts of the CAL. I managed to reach Part 6, but I had to omit some rounds to finish off mine.  Here is the photo of my final lap-rug, measuring 96cm square. The full size would have about 10cm more to it if I had had enough yarn.


I am very happy with this even though I was not able to do all the rounds.

Comments

  1. The Jan Stawasz doily is a tremendous undertaking, but the results are well worth the time put in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, beautiful work, both the tatting and crochet. Must be satisfying to have your yarn stash busted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doily looks fabulous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it