My Free Patterns

I am still sorting out the blog entries for my free patterns, so there willl still be patterns that are not accessible. My apologies.

Tuesday, 28 June 2016

Short Update

I should be sewing so this is a short one.


Just completed Round 2 of JS Monsterpiece.  There a very slight cupping which I think will flatten with pressing.  I was making small joining picots because I think that was how Jan Stawasz made his from photos in his two books.  For the next round onwards, I may make make the picots slightly bigger. I have also removed/rearranged some of the decorative picots for this project.


Seven more repeats to go for this crochet doily.  
The pattern for this doily in in Moje Robotke Nr 7 2009, for anyone who is interested in this.

One sewing project done, except for attaching buttons on the cuffs.
Another one is waiting at the sewing machine.

So, bye for now.

7 comments:

  1. It will flatten!

    In the old days, I would have enjoyed the crochet pattern. Not now! But it's a pretty one. Give me a shuttle or nothing! ( except for my pen!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are busy!! :) All your projects look great!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Piękne, tradycyjnie rewelacyjne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to remember a little cupping after that round. I did use my steam iron frequently while tatting this doily. I still haven't blocked it properly, but I will soon. I do love that crocheted doily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please keep posting your progress on the monster doily. I just started it, too. Mine is in ecru. My first round has some cupping as well, but I think a steam iron will fix that. I, too, thought that I would make very small joining picots, but it was too much for me to keep track in my head if this was a joining picot or a decorative picot, so all mine will be the same size. I tend to make smallish picots, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan Stawasz usually uses small joining picots. I own his book "Tatted treasures" and it says to make joining picots "as small as possible". I just wish I could tat as neatly as you can. Your projects always look beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you leaving comments. I really appreciate it