We have just concluded our fasting during the month of Ramadhan. I was keeping low from any blogging activities during that period but managed to do some tatting. Her are some of what I have finished or in the progress of tatting.
The doily in from the Needlework magazine was blocked and slightly pressed,
I resumed tatting Renulek's 2015 Spring Doily. I stopped at round 5, where the small individual flowers are. I was very unhappy with how the flowers are turning out, stopped and worked on the doily above.
This photo shows clearly what I am having probems with. The flowers were twisting all over and looks horrible. I made a few and joined the next round to it, but it did not get any better,
So, I snipped that part off and started on the small flowers again. This time, I added tiny picots after two double stitches and join the rings together. They stayed flat this way and I am much happier. You can compare it to the twisted flower in this photo (below).
I am now at Round 7 and I just want to finish this as soon as possible so that I can begin on this doily from Land of Laces blog. Please follow the link to view it. I am not posting the photo here because it is not my photo to share.