Been quiet but still tatting

It has been a long time since I wrote anything in this blog, but I have not been quiet.  Here are a few of projects that I have done since my last update.

Larned how to make and sew hexies together, turned into a pincushion and embellished with a small tatted motif.

Most of of my time was spent on this finger-less glove for my niece to wear for her wedding next week.  Was having a frustrating time putting it all together when I had to re-tat it three times and still make the same mistake at the same place each time.  Finally decided that I am leaving it at that - mistakes and all.  After three times of repeating the mistake, I took it that it was ment to be, and finished it off as that.

This is a combo picture of how I tatted the beaded flower in the photo above.  Some may already realised that the 'rings' are actually mock rings. 

Having done with the finger-less gloves, I picked-up my Renuek's Spring 2015 again and managed to add a few repeats this morning, tatting at the car service centre while waiting for my car to be ready.

Oh,, I finally decided to create an Instagram account under my name.  There isn't much there yet but I have started on a project there - an ambitious one, methinks. I plan to post a photo of a piece of tatting each day for as long as I can keep it going.  I have only started early this week and here is a sample for a couple of days that I have posted.



I will try to design something new each time but failing that I will have to resort to patterns already available with credits and links given as available.

Another thing - I have received my copy of the magazine containing the pattern for the 'monster doily'.  I don't have any plans to start on it anytime soon but it is there now for whenever I want to.
(don't know why the photo is not upright)

Comments

  1. Oh such beautiful things to see!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine the fingerless mitts took quite a while to complete. It's good to see a post from you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you have had an adventure with all the tatting you have done. Great to see your post of all these very nice things. I don't know why we make mistakes over and over but I have done that too and it is very disappointing. looks like you have moved on and that's good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fingerless gloves are spectacular!! Wonderful for a wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tatting is always so beautiful, perfect, & inspiring. But those little doodles with graphics are so so cute !!! Hope you share each day's tatting here - will be waiting eagerly :-)
    Thanks for the pictorial on the bead flower, too :-) Every lesson/tip helps; one can never have too many .

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have been busy, Your pincushion looks lovely, I am sure no one will notice the mistakes in the gloves if you don't tell them. Hope the wedding goes ok.
    Gosh a design a day I don't think I could keep that up for long, good luck with it.
    I also have a copy of the monster doily but it won't be started for sometime to come it's there when I fancy it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. I doubt anyone who doesn't tat would see the difference in the two gloves. They are both still beautiful. Thank you for the tutorial about how to put the bead in each petal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it