My Free Patterns

I am still sorting out the blog entries for my free patterns, so there willl still be patterns that are not accessible. My apologies.

Saturday, 15 February 2014

Firus Transformed

Umi of Umi's Embroidered Gifts in Facebook tatted a bunch of the Firus motif from my book Elegant Tatting Gems and transformed them into a stunning doily.


She then cleverly adapted part of a pattern from Jan Stawasz's book Tatted Treasures into edgings to enclose the motifs, modifying the stitch count to fit around the centre piece.

I think Umi did great with this.

Umi is more well-known for her beautiful ribbon flowers which you can see in her flicker page.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful!

    Umi's ribbon flowers are works of art!

    Fox. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow just beautiful love to adapted and change things around myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is really beautiful!!! :)
    What a fabulous way to see a design of yours displayed!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's out-and-out beautiful! Gotta go hunt up my Elegant tatting gems and give this a try -- well something similar, anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! She did a great job. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a fabulous doily! I've thought of joining your snowflakes to create a doily, but I didn't get past the initial thought. I guess I should have kept on thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful doily, and lovely colour thread, She did a wonderful piece of tatting with your motif.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am looking for a doily or motif which I make into a round tablecloth. Thank you Barbara
    barbara_savary@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you leaving comments. I really appreciate it