My Free Patterns

I am still sorting out the blog entries for my free patterns, so there willl still be patterns that are not accessible. My apologies.

Sunday, 5 May 2013

NB Edging - corner done

Update on the re-working of the square edging by Norma Benporath from this Trove site, published in The Queenslander on 25th Feb 1937.

I have finished doing the corner as shown below.


In this edging, the corner is made up of a cloverleaf which is tatted through with the rest of the edging, and the flower motif is tatted later.  The corner flower motif appears a bit wobbly as it is, so I may consider suggesting that extra joins be made in the two additional chains on the left and right of it.

9 comments:

  1. It looks very nice! Not everyone can manage split rings to look like regular rings but yours are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting Jon, I like the looks of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ladytats, it turned out quite beautiful. I may want to actually tat it fully and use the edging on something.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous pattern, and gorgeous tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes I agree a couple of extra joins between the flowers and the corner flower would hold it in place.
    Lovely design
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is right Margaret. I may also add another join in each of the left and right ring of the clovers because the picots are overlapping there as it is now.

      Delete
  5. Hi Jon ( testing comments...)

    You have done a terrific job with the edging and I am so tempted to use it, BUT knowing me, I will run out of thread with it, unless I have a big ball at hand. This looks as if it will take a lot of thread.

    Hope you are well. I love the new look of your site.
    Fox : )
    ( seems to be working!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you leaving comments. I really appreciate it