Yellow Doily update

I am almost done with this series of rings and chains for this doily when the 10th round is done.  I needed to add more thread and took the opportunity take a picture of it.
The rounds may be simple rings and chains, but I had to cut off two rounds because it started to ruffle on me.  Had to adjust the stitch count a few times before getting it to lay reasonably flat.  Now, I'll have to think of a design for the next few rounds in order to finish off this doily with a flourish!
In the meantime -
if you want to try tatting with embroidery floss, 3 strands of it makes a size 20 for tatting. Here is a drawing on how to separate embroidery floss.
One set of 3-strand floss from an 8yd skein fully loads a clover shuttle.

Comments

  1. You are so clever! Your method for separating the thread is brilliant!
    Your doily is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Jon! So elegant in the solid gold...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mat, love it and I look forward to seeing how you finish it.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful method of separating and rolling the embroidery floss--so clever and incredibly practical! I'm partial to white thread and don't imagine often using colors, so this fits the bill perfectly for those times I might want to dip my toes in the world of color. Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever a method to split the embroidery floss! The yellow doily looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it