My Free Patterns

I am still sorting out the blog entries for my free patterns, so there willl still be patterns that are not accessible. My apologies.

Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Crochet your own shoe/sandal

I know this blog is about tatting but I just want to share this.
I came across this crafter crocheting the tops of shoes/sandals straight to the soles.   I have heard of crochetes shoes before but have not seen anyone doing it in person.

This lady has a stall at the Pengkalan Chepa, Kota Bharu airport and will be there for a few more weeks. She gave me permission to video her but not her face.



The video screen has shot off the page. I don't know how to adjust it but I think you can still see her hands working.
I only saw her as I was leaving so did not take many pictures but here is one that I took, and did not stay long to find out more about what she does.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for showing these sandals, The video did not show up on my look at your blog but you have answered a question for me, I brought a pair of sandals in lanzorite many years ago, i only wear them in the summer, they are the same as the pink ones in your picture the back is slightly different with just a loop going around the back. They are my favorite shoes.

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video hasn't come through but the photo- wow! They are gorgeous! I wonder if they'll stretch a lot?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret, Michelle,
    I am sorry that you could not view the video. I don't know enough of the technicalities to make any changes so that it can be viewed.

    I guess others may be having the same problems too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you leaving comments. I really appreciate it