The part of Round 3 that I had to snip off is on the right, and the re-work based on the revised pattern on the left. The picture below explained why I decided to re-do this part.
The three rings that are shown by the arrows form part of the scallops in Round 4. See here for reference.
If I had followed the pattern to the letter, I would have to tat these three rings individually first before adding in the other rings to shape the scallop; i.e. tat the small ring (top arrow) cut and tie, then the other small ring and cut-and-tie, and the bigger ring, again cut and tie. This set of three rings is repeated 12 times round the doily, creating 36 ends to hide. Even if I use the SSSR to hide the ends for the small rings, I still have 12 ends to hide.
Unfortunately, I can't avoid the ends entirely. Studying the scallop pattern, I can't find any way to tat the scallops continuously all round. Will write about that in the next update.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~On another matter, at the bottom of each post in my blog, I have "You might also like" boxes with links to my other posts in the blog. Sometimes, I would click on the links just to remind me what it was that I wrote there, and read some of the comments.
On occasions these comments will take me on a nostalgic trip because they are from people that I, sort of, lost touch with. But, lately they have made me a little sad because I have been reading comments left by Gina, the Tattinggoddess. I do hope, and I know they will, remember her when the tatters gather on Tat Days early next month.