When Jane posted about her joined-up hearts, it reminded me of a heart pattern that I joined up in a similar way. The original pattern was one that I created for my 25-motif challenge way back in 2006. I should have written out the pattern for it when I completed the challenge, but as usual, tatting is more interesting that writing patterns.
With that basic heart design, I joined it up together to form a small coaster. I can't recall if I have posted a picture of it anywhere, so here it is,
This was made when I first learned split rings and wanted to put to use what I had learned. The coaster is made up of six separate heart motifs joined together.
Triggered by Jane's hearts, I revisited this designed to see if I can modify it a bit so that it can be tatted in one pass. I think I have found a way, looking at the progress so far, and I am liking the way it is turning out.