My Free Patterns

I am still sorting out the blog entries for my free patterns, so there willl still be patterns that are not accessible. My apologies.

Sunday, 26 June 2011

Almost Done

It dawned upon me that I started this project more than two years ago.  I can feel a sense of great relief now, knowing that it is coming almost to the end. Here is a peek at what it is all about.

They are snowflakes for my new book.This is the longest tatting project that I have worked on.  The other thing that is taking much longer is a crochet project, and there is still no light at the end of the tunnel for that one.  One of the reasons that it took that long may be because I wanted to come up with patterns that uses only the basic techniques of tatting.  And by that, I mean only double stitches, regular rings and chains, regular joins and shuttle joins.  Most of the patterns are two shuttle patterns which I would consider one of the basics of tatting.

A group of wonderful test-tatters have been working together with me on this project.  Without them, I know this would have taken  much longer.  Thank you my testers.

8 comments:

  1. They look great- can't wait for your book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh finally its done and I guess you have got names for your snowflakes. Sorry we could not be of much help when you asked that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be a good feeling -- being this close to completion. It another one of those Must Have books for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Took a close-up look at all these fragment photos and they look very, very nice! It will be exciting to see the book when it is finally released!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems to be a great book.
    I can not wait to see how it looks.
    I envy your creative force.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a bunch of pretty teaser photos! I left a message last night to the effect that this is another must have book for me. But fumble fingers that I am, I pushed the wrong button on my mouse and I think it ate the message. I tried again, though. Couldn't leave well enough alone, because I'm really excited about this book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The picutres or bits of the snowflakes look lovely and I look forward to seeing your book.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have peeked my interest! I know what I want and I'll wait until you have it done- your book that is!
    I love doing your snowflakes and other patterns! So here is hoping it is here soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you leaving comments. I really appreciate it