- Instead of asking you to get help, you will received applause, pats on the back and hearty welcome greetings when you admit to be an addict!
- You openly admit to making a mistake people think you are creative!
- You actually enjoy unpicking your stitches! well ... at least some do
- There is never a wrong choice! You can do up/down, front/back, reverse order, count/don't count the join, needle/shuttle and you still get to where you want to go.
- There is only one stitch to learn, but oh boy, imagine what you can do with it!
- It is the only thread craft that can't be duplicated by machine (?) ... at least, I have not seen any. There are machine embroidery that is made to look like tatting but it certainly does not show that actual doublestitches that identifies tatting!
- You enjoy that feeling you get when people ask you what you are doing and seeing the look on their faces when you say that its tatting. Admit it ... you do!
- You can survive with only three brain cells. (just had to add this after reading Jane's comments)
Friday, 4 February 2011
This thing called Tatting