My Free Patterns

I am still sorting out the blog entries for my free patterns, so there willl still be patterns that are not accessible. My apologies.

Tuesday, 25 August 2009

The Word is .. Beautiful

I am going to try and avoid using the word beautiful when commenting on beautiful (ooops ... ) tatting that I see on other blogs. But my vocabulary is so limited in this area, and I kept going back to these same words -
beautiful, pretty, nice, lovely.

Well, I have enough of it! Yes, I do.
I looked up the word 'beautiful' in the thesaurus and I found this.

Some interesting words there ..... hmm

Exquisite would nicely describe fine tatting.
I don't know what kind of tatting would be alluring, ravishing or sexy.
Magnificent would be for tatting that is beyond my own tatting skill.
Irresistible is something that I have to try and tat myself.
Some of the tatting collages that I have seen earn the word picturesque.

And, what do you think of this one, pulchritudinous? I don't even know how to pronounce it. LOL

The charming bookmark was given to me by Felicia when I met up with her in Bandung a few months back.

Ha ha ha ... by now you'd have guessed that I don't have much to do at the moment. I just came back from the post office to mail off the books to the winners of my Celebration giveaways and a couple of book orders for the Tatted Snowflakes Collection.

Ok now, off to snap a few more pictures.

12 comments:

  1. Your bookmark is bonny and beguiling! Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy your blog, though I'm just a lurker here. Beautiful stuff you make.
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words can be so much fun to play with, and I think exquisite does describe some of your tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a cute post! Love the colors of the bookmark your friend made for you! Very pretty! :)

    ~TattingChic ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) Smiling back to you, Fox

    Jooli, I enjoyed reading your blog too. Selamat menyambut Ramadhan.

    Thank you, Diane, TattingChic. Words are fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're the bee's knees Jon!
    :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bookmark is charming! Your post was a fun read! Look forward to more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bee's knees? :/ What does it mean, Ann?

    Thank you, Tattrldy. I hope it brought a few smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's slang from the 1920's meaning "the best" and certainly applies to you!
    :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  10. That (i don't think so) charming bookmark, simply because the fetching design from Kersti ^_^

    ooh..and, almost forgotten, SELAMAT BERPUASA to you and family...

    ReplyDelete
  11. My ex-husband of nearly half a lifetime ago used to call me his 'pulchritudinous purple panther' when I wore my violet swimsuit. The 'ch' in pulchritude is pronounced as a 'k'.

    ReplyDelete
  12. ... so that is what it means. Thanks Ann.

    Felicia, it is a charming piece of work and you should be very proud of it. Thank you for the Ramadhan wishes.

    Susanne, that is a mouthful, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you leaving comments. I really appreciate it