A short update on my knitting project which is a cardigan for my youngest girl.
I have completed the lower part of the cardigan and the left side of the front yoke. I am now a few rows up on the right front yoke.
In between working on the cardigan, I decided to have another go at the bowling doily that I wrote about here. The doily is too pretty not to try again. I think this time it turned out very much better, only because I made some modification to the pattern.
The rows that were giving me problems earlier were the two rows of rings-and-chains (seen here in pink). All the rings in the two rounds are supposed to be joined to each other. For the second try I decided to skip some joins and group the rings in sets of 2s and 3s. That solved my bowling problem. If there are any, it can easily be got rid of by pressing or blocking.
This worked well for the next round that is made up small round motifs. Again, to keep check on the bowling (in case it crops up again) I made the small motifs in groups of 3 and break them apart when joining to the earlier round. That way, hopefully, I can make small adjustments to my tension and picot sizes as I fill up this round.
There are three more rounds after this. Updates when done.