HDT - Highly Dangerous Thread

I started playing with Yarnplayer's Fern and Golden Glow .... and I couldn't put the shuttles down. I am moving into dangerous territory now. And I have not even laid my hands on Tatskool's Rainbow Bright, or LadyShuttleMaker's silk thread.

Anyway, like I said earlier, I plan to use the Fern and Golden Glow together to make a doily. It is not going to be round by round doily but a motif by motif. Sometimes I've seen it referred as a mat rather than a doily. Here is the motif that I'll be using.

Don't know yet if it's going to be a square or a rectangle. I estimated, one skein each of the Fern and Golden Glow together will get me just short of 6 squares. I am using size 50.

With some computer magic, this is what I hope it will look like when the squares are joined up together.

It may not end just like this. Still having ideas working in my head for this, so pop in again sometime to see what next.

Comments

  1. They are aren't they? ... dangerous :)

    Beautiful burst of colours thanks to Marilee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon, this is beautiful. You do such nice work. The colors are beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll say it's dangerous territory allright! Tread lightly......
    Very pretty. I know it will be a masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful, Jon - I am wondering how much longer it will be before I, too, succumb to the lure of HDT! I must say that the main thing which has stopped me from buying it sofar is my complete inability to make up my mind - it will be SO hard to choose colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, Diane,
    Credits to the Yarnplayer for producing such wonderful shades for the thread. I just put them together...

    Tattycat, I am savoring every moment of my time with the HDT, he... he...

    Maureen, I know what you mean. I went through that also but couldn't fight it off any more, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Jon. I look forward to seeing the finished product. How big is your motif so far? Beautiful color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I LOVE it "highly dangerous thread", indeed! I love your new design. I love putting greens with another color, it always looks so "garden-like". Very lovely work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh oh! Do you know what you have gotten yourself into? Even with all the HDT warnings you've read about? LOL!
    This is a lovely color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Bonnie. I have just joined up the third motif.

    Tattingchic, you have given me an idea for a name for this design. I am going to call it The Knot Garden - garden of formal design, with detailed pattern of flowerbeds

    Sherry, I thought long and hard about this but I am willing to take the risk, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome name for a tatting pattern, Jon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it