Heart o' Daisies

This heart design was one of the earlier ones that I made for the 25-motif Challenge. It came about when I was thinking of ways to use up the small balance of thread left in shuttles.

It is made up of several small daisies joined up together and arranged to from a heart shape.

The chart for making this heart is given below.

The stitch count for each ring in the daisy motif is R(3-4-4-3). Make five rings for each daisy.

The chains encircling the daisies form the heart shape. Each picot in the chains are separated by two double stitches. The number in the brackets shown in the chart refer to the number of picots for the respective segment of the chains. Begin the chain by joining the thread to the joining picot between two rings of the daisy in the middle -top.




This daisies in the heart can be made in one pass with split rings. The rings shown in green in the chart are where the split rings are. To make it this way, begin with the daisy in the centre of the heart. Then make the one on top of it followed by the right or left daisy, depending on which way you work it.

Updated on Sept 4, 2008
This is the split ring version that I have just finished tatting. There are slight differences in where I made the split rings compared to that shown in the chart above because I wanted to make full use of the two colours to highlight the design.



Comments

  1. What a pretty little heart! Thanks for sharing the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jon, I really enjoy your patterns!!! One of these days I'll be able to order a book from you, but until,,,,THANK YOU for sharing so many of your patterns! They are such a pleasure to make and share! This one is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo! Precious! I have to share this, Jon! I've scheduled a link to your post to go live on my blog mid-morning (Central USA time), September 1. Thank you, thank you for your new pattern blog!

    Denise
    http://needlework.craftgossip.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are all most welcome. Wonderful people like you are motivation for me to continue designing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the heads up Denise. I am enjoying looking through the different craft sites links that you have given in your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that pink and blue one the best the coloring is just phenominal
    Thanks for Sharing
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your designs. I wish I could come up with ideas like this myself, but oh well! Thanks for all the patterns you have given....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You so much for the lovely pattern! I love the two colored splitrings!
    Happy Tatting
    Petra

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it