Laura's Easter Egg Snowflake

Here is the easter Egg Snowflake, one of Laura's beautiful design.

I am glad I made this. It forced me to tat the front-side tatting, which I think is the only way to do justice to this beautiful design. You can get the pattern here and the chart here.

I am not very comfortable with front-side/back-side tatting even though the effect is beautiful. I think it must be something to do with the picots not turning out so uniform when I tried it. Now, after completing this snowflake, it is quite easy really.

Thank you Laura, for sharing. I want to do the Victorian Heart next for an exchange.

Comments

  1. It's very pretty -- I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon, you did a beautiful job tatting Laura's snowflake! I look forward to seeing your version of the Victorian Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful Jon. I am thrilled to see it here. My dad would have been so proud that I designed an original and that others care enough to tat it. Thank you. I would love to see what you do with the Victorian Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jon,
    This is such a pretty snowflake and I love the thread you have used. It shouts springtime to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful piece work - the colors are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty colors. They work well with the design.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it