My Free Patterns

I am still sorting out the blog entries for my free patterns, so there willl still be patterns that are not accessible. My apologies.

Monday, 31 March 2008

Laura's Easter Egg Snowflake

Here is the easter Egg Snowflake, one of Laura's beautiful design.

I am glad I made this. It forced me to tat the front-side tatting, which I think is the only way to do justice to this beautiful design. You can get the pattern here and the chart here.

I am not very comfortable with front-side/back-side tatting even though the effect is beautiful. I think it must be something to do with the picots not turning out so uniform when I tried it. Now, after completing this snowflake, it is quite easy really.

Thank you Laura, for sharing. I want to do the Victorian Heart next for an exchange.

6 comments:

  1. It's very pretty -- I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon, you did a beautiful job tatting Laura's snowflake! I look forward to seeing your version of the Victorian Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful Jon. I am thrilled to see it here. My dad would have been so proud that I designed an original and that others care enough to tat it. Thank you. I would love to see what you do with the Victorian Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jon,
    This is such a pretty snowflake and I love the thread you have used. It shouts springtime to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful piece work - the colors are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty colors. They work well with the design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you leaving comments. I really appreciate it