My Free Patterns

I am still sorting out the blog entries for my free patterns, so there willl still be patterns that are not accessible. My apologies.

Thursday, 27 March 2008

Granny squares crochet bag

..... at least that is what it is going to be.

I started on this a long time ago but got sidetracked with the snowflakes. I am taking a breather from the snowflakes for now.

While wondering what to do, I dig up my UFOs and came across the squares. Some square were already joined up as my intention was to make a bag. But this time round I decided to make it smaller. So, I unpicked the ones already joined and rearranged the squares and joined them up all over again.
The bag appear standing because I placed a thick dictionary in it for the picture.

This is how it looks flattened.

It is still not finished. I am crochetting a few more rows at the top for a heading. Then there is the handle/strap/sling or whatever that I have to make ... as soon as I can figure out how to do it. I might also consider putting in a hard plastic or cardboard for the base to keep the boxed shape of the bag.

After this, I'll have to start on the Pay it Forward gifts .....

Update - 29 March 2008
I finished the bag today. Here is a picture of it hanging from the front door latch ... for want of a better place, :-) Nobody was around to hold it up for the shoot..


6 comments:

  1. It's lovely and the colours just right. The bag looks really sturdy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bag is lovely! I haven't made granny squares in years, but maybe I should. Then, I could have a bag like yours and use up some of my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice bag Jon. I like it and you probably needed a break from the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful congratulations Faizon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, thank you. I crochet or sew when I need a break from tatting. I have some more left over squares from the same project and am making another bag, this time a little bit smaller than this one. Pictures when done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you leaving comments. I really appreciate it