My Free Patterns

I am still sorting out the blog entries for my free patterns, so there willl still be patterns that are not accessible. My apologies.

Monday, 25 February 2008

Old motif revisited

Remember this motif from Tatting with Anne Orr? I wrote about this in my January 13 post. I am working on this again but with a slight difference.


I am trying to go as big as I can with this motif, repeating each segment continuously without having to cut the thread. I only started this last night and have only reached this far....


I have finished the first segment and made a turn at the end and am now in the middle of the second segment. I don't know yet which way I will make the turn for the 3rd segment.

The thread that I am using is DMC Dentelles 80, colour code 109. I have not used fine thread much in my tatting, so this will be a good practice.

And look what I received from Laura - some samples of hand-dyed thread! Yay!!!!

After reading so much about hand-dyed thread written by most of you, finally I can try it myself. Thank you Laura. Laura has included a rose snowflake and a cute celtic snail.

I have to find the right design for these ... I don't want to waste them, :-)

0 inspiring comments, thank you.:

Post a Comment

Thank you leaving comments. I really appreciate it