Well, I tatted it again with a couple of small changes. First, I made the long picots in the centre slightly smaller.
The second change is - I joined up the small rings that form a circle in the centre.
Making the long picots shorter make them more defined. By joining up the small rings, the picots are evenly spaced and form a more prominent shape of a daisy in the centre.
And here is another design, a very simple one, using the technique of self-closing mock rings all round, with a thrown-off ring on top of each one.


Jon, these are beautiful snowflakes! I love the way you modified the first pattern so that the daisy stands out!
ReplyDeleteI love them all! I just can't wait for this book.
ReplyDeletewow, Faizon. u're really becoming a tatted snowflake SIFU! :P
ReplyDeleteAll of your snowflakes are lovely but the pink daisy one most of all. When is the book out?
ReplyDelete