A little Bit of Sunshine

I just can't keep this hidden anymore ..... but before that ....

I made this for the Wish List Exchange in the NNC group. It is a cross-craft exchange where you make three wishes of what craft items that you would like and whoever can fulfill one of them will be your exchange partner.

My partner Marian wanted either a teacosy or a purse, but she is also game for a surprise. I decided to surprise her because I don't think I can make a teacosy and I am not sure what kind of purse Marian likes. At the same time, she can make something that I want (tell you about that later when I receive it from her).

Now Marian is going through a sad period when her best friend had just passed away recently. I was hoping that my gift will cheer her up a bit when she gets it.

And yesterday, I read her post that the gift has reached her. She was very happy to get it and likened it to the sun shining over her again ... how sweet and wonderful to know that my gift to her has made her so happy.

Okay ... to cut it short... here is what I made for Marian ....


The pattern for this purse is from the Japanese book A new Approach to Tatting by Yusai Shokoin.

I made this using size 20 Hakelgarn Online crochet thread (yes - the label said 'Online' - not bought online ;-) ) . I used about 480 beads (I think) for this, but you may not see it that clearly in the picture because it is almost the same colour as the thread.

The inside bag was my own addition, and the cord was embellished with Chinese knots, to keep it in place.

I was so happy with the finished result, that I wanted to hold on to it for as long as I can. I even contemplated making something else for Marian. But a promise made must be kept, and delivered in this case. Furthermore, I feel that when you want to give someone something, it must be from the heart and must be something that you want for yourself. So one morning I just got into the car, drove to the post office and had it on its way to Sunnybrow Crook in Co. Durham, where Marian is waiting.

Now I am imagining Marian dancing away the summer evening with the little purse dangling on her wrist. Ahhhh , what a beautiful picture :-)

Comments

  1. That is soooo coool. What a creative way with tatting and it's such a beauty. I can now comprehend Marian's joy! She must be over the moon!

    Love the chinese knot, I must pick your brains for that!

    All in all...a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faizon! Its gorgeous! I have seen something like this done crochet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased that you decided to send this to me. It is my sunshine and at the moment one of my angels (doll) is holding it safe for me so I can look at it all the time. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just Love that little tatted purse!!! It's so pretty you did an awesome job on it! And I agree the best gifts you've made are the ones you want to keep yourself! LOL
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jon, this is so beautiful! I might have to save the photo to my computer so I can look at it when I feel blue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so beautiful! Wonderful color and design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just soooo beautiful and what a touching story. Thanks for sharing with us

    Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful purse and your other work is lovely as well. Don't 'ya just love making something you like!! Me too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tis just lovely. Oh and the time you would have put into it. You are most kind,generous and talented. Cheerio for now...Lindy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it