I love a Surprise

This beautiful bourse was sent to me by Barbara, a wonderful stitcher who seems to be able to squeeze more than 24 hours in a day to produce many lovely things. She has been playing Santa (in June) to several others and I am one of the lucky ones in her list.



BTW, the crochet lace in the background is another of my WIP, a huge tablecloth measuring 5ft by 9ft which is still less than a quarter done. You can see how far I've done in the progress chart on the right
Barbara wrote that the bourse would be handy for my tatting WIPs - besides being a stitcher she must be a mind-reader as well, because that was exactly what came to mind when I first saw it. Doesn't it look perfect like this?


Now that I know what a bourse looks like (believe it or not, this is a first time seing a real finished bourse, - all this while only seen pictures of it), I think I can make one. I can see a string of tatted edging appliqued on the outside, or maybe a number of small motifs at the sides. Ideas, ideas.

Thanks again BJ

Comments

  1. You're most welcome Faizon! Glad you like it :)

    I'll be waiting to see your version of a bourse. I think it'll be a lacy extravaganza ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it