The sixth round of the blue doily is moving along ... at a rather slower pace than I had thought earlier. I had been sidetracked into doing some other tatting stuff as well. To compound it, I had to unpick this 6th round a couple of times, and they are all split rings, uugghh!
Unpick no. 1 is because I made the mistake of leaving a slight gap between the split rings and chain. Don't know what made me did it that way but after a few rings made, I just didn't like how it turned out.
Unpick no 2 is because the picots joining the rings , especially the outermost rings are a tad large, and I have a feeling that if I continue on, it will ruffle up.
But I am happy with how it is looking now. The loose thread are ends that I have not tidied up yet. I don't normally hide the ends straightaway for a WIP.
I received a request from Nivedita for the pattern for this doily. To tell the truth, I don't have the complete pattern for this yet. I thought it out as I move along. Not even sure how the 7th round will be done, though I have some idea already. Or how many rounds it is goind to end up with. It may take a while, or... it can be a tat-along emm, that's an idea.....