Sharing a Pattern

No new item for the challenge today.

I just want to wish everyone Merry Xmas and Happy New Year. And since this is the time for giving I am sharing one of my patterns here. It is the beaded rings-only snowflake which I posted for the challenge a while ago. Here is the pic again.

R = ring
SR = Split ring
+ = join
^ = small picot
C = Chain
o = beaded picot
RW = reverse work
DNR = Do Not Reverse
SS = Switch Shuttle

String 43 beads onto Shuttle 1,and 7 beads onto Shuttle 2. I would normally add a few beads extra, just to be safe.

Sh 1:
R1(4 o 4^4 o 4) cl R, DNR

The next step between (* - * )describes the self-closing-mock-ring (SCMR)
(*) Using Shuttle 2;
- C(4 o 2), SS
- R2(5 o 5), cl R and SS
- C(2 o 2), SS
- R3(5 o 5), cl R and SS
- C(2 o 2), SS
- R4(5 o 5) cl R and SS
- C(2 o 4) (*)
Close the SCMR
Sh 1:
SR5(4 o 4/4 o 4)
Repeat (* -*) for the next point of the snowflake, joining R2 to picot of R4 instead of adding the bead to the picot.
Make three more repeats .

For the last repeat, join the SCMR to the to the sp of R1 to complete the motif.
Just post a note if you need explanations with the instructions; this has not been tested-out yet.

Comments

  1. Jon,
    This snowflake is beautiful. Thanks for sharing! I appreciate you looking at my blog and your comment about my grandbaby. He is so sweet and we are so blessed!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it