My Free Patterns

I am still sorting out the blog entries for my free patterns, so there willl still be patterns that are not accessible. My apologies.

Tuesday, 5 December 2006

No. 19/25 - Doily Motif


This is a motif that I will be using to make a doily or table-runner as a tat-along, together with a small group from my local tatting circle.
The base motif, the daisy is made using one shuttle. I started out with the idea of making a circular doily, but when I joined up the daisies together and then joined it up with the rings and chains, it looked better as a square.
Now I am contemplating whether to stick with this square and join up more of it together. Or expanding it with more rounds but sticking with the square shape; but I can't seem to get new ideas to fit into the design.
I wonder whether this is common. You know, somehow you manage to come up with a design that you are very satisfied with and can't seem to go any further with it.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not sure, but it looks like if you join these square motifs together, there will be space at the corners to insert another small round flower motif between them.

    I also have come up with some tatting ideas that seemed great but then got stuck. I keep the samples to get new ideas.

    Good luck!
    Marilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon ,
    I really love this! The thread and the design work so beautifully together. As usual, you have a beautiful piece of tatting. Not being much of a designer, I have no ideas how to proceed, unless you do the same thing over again and join them together to make a larger square or runner.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. How dainty!!...I'm just having a peek at some of your archives. Love your tatting...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you leaving comments. I really appreciate it