My Free Patterns

I am still sorting out the blog entries for my free patterns, so there willl still be patterns that are not accessible. My apologies.

Saturday, 11 November 2006

An Edging



I started working on an edging for a scarf that my mother gave me. It a plain white one, so I thought I'd give some colour to it by working it in this DMC Dentelles. This is the finest thread that I have ever worked with, but the result is quite good (for me at least). It will be quite a long one and I have completed about 20cm of it, not even reached a quarter of it.

So this will be one long WIP, while I try to come up with other pieces for the challenge.

p/s - what name is usually given to a completed tatting work? - a tatted piece? tatted collar, doily, etc.? tatting? tats? tatties? Just wondering......

3 comments:

  1. Jon, this edging is so pretty and my favorite color combinations. You are doing very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...got my grey cells working a little there ;) I'd say a 'tatted piece'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you leaving comments. I really appreciate it