No. 9/25 - Five-point star


This five-point star did not start this way.
I began with this green one and it turned out into a square instead. Then, I thought, increasing the ds count in the centre ring might expand it a bit and will have allowance for one more point. But a bigger inner ring-size will not match well with the outer rings. Instead, I just play about with the placements of the picots in the inner rings and it came out just right. Amazing, what a difference a picot made.


With some white thread still on the shuttle, I made something else, and it turned ou to be one of those rare times when is clicked on the first attempt. It is a frill that can be added as decoration on a cookie jar or something similar.

Comments

  1. I should think the square was just fine as it is. Trust a designer to make certain subtle changes and what do you know, a 5 point star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm just learning to tat by teaching myself. What I really want to make is a series of star medallions I can starch and then hang - It's very hard to find a lot of 5-pointed star patterns on-line or even in books.

    If it's not too much trouble, do you have this pattern anywhere up for sale? If not, would you be willing to share it (if you remember how to do it, that is) - I think it's pretty much exactly what I've been looking for! Thanks in advance either way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it