My Free Patterns

I am still sorting out the blog entries for my free patterns, so there willl still be patterns that are not accessible. My apologies.

Friday, 23 March 2007

The Blue Doily .... is moving along..slowly

The sixth round of the blue doily is moving along ... at a rather slower pace than I had thought earlier. I had been sidetracked into doing some other tatting stuff as well. To compound it, I had to unpick this 6th round a couple of times, and they are all split rings, uugghh!

Unpick no. 1 is because I made the mistake of leaving a slight gap between the split rings and chain. Don't know what made me did it that way but after a few rings made, I just didn't like how it turned out.

Unpick no 2 is because the picots joining the rings , especially the outermost rings are a tad large, and I have a feeling that if I continue on, it will ruffle up.

But I am happy with how it is looking now. The loose thread are ends that I have not tidied up yet. I don't normally hide the ends straightaway for a WIP.


I received a request from Nivedita for the pattern for this doily. To tell the truth, I don't have the complete pattern for this yet. I thought it out as I move along. Not even sure how the 7th round will be done, though I have some idea already. Or how many rounds it is goind to end up with. It may take a while, or... it can be a tat-along emm, that's an idea.....

1 comment:

  1. I love it! You are so talented ...this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it