NB Edging from 1937

I have not worked on any Norma Benporath's pattern for quite a long while, so I thought I should tat another one.  I picked a simple one this time. This was published in The Queenslander on 27th February 1937.  There are three designs there, two edgings and a square motif.

I started with a few rings of the square edging, following exactly as the written instruction published.  It does not look at all like  the picture in the paper.
It is too early to make any conclusions, but I can see that there should be a DNR (do not reverse) when making the 2nd ring, which is not apparent in the instructions.

I am going off now and will continue later tonight.  I think this will turn out well.

Comments

  1. Good luck with the new pattern. I like the new header, it is very nice. I am glad that you are finding time to tat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting, I enjoyed the mat you did from her patterns, so it will be nice to see more of her work
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it