Johar - a star

I decided to work on something else to take my mind off Doily #3.  The result is this star which I named Johar (Venus)
Thread is Lizbeth size 40, code 114
I tatted a few more rings of the doily #3, but I am still not happy with it.  At the moment I can see three options:
  1. Snip off the last three rounds and tat them over again with different stitch counts,
  2. Continue and ignore the ruffling and hope it disappears with blocking,
  3. Have the diagram with the current stitch count done and get it test-tatted.
The lace mat poll are being tallied as they are received.  At the moment, it is a tight race among three lace mats.  No one has submitted a list that is the same as the running top five lace mats.  The poll will be open until 17th January.

Comments

  1. I love "Johar," I think it is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Johar is the result of seeking distraction, then all I can say is that I hope you need distraction more often! - because it's just beautiful. It would make a lovely small doily in size 20 thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johar is beautiful! Do I see a book of stars in the making? Put me on the list for one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful star...really love that design, hope you will make it available as I would really like to tat that design :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the star so far! If you need a test-tatter I'd be happy to help! The name is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! That is so beautiful!! I know that you probably have many many tatters lining up to test-tat, but if you do decide to go for option three, I could test tat. I'm out of school for one more week. I'm trying to get as much tatting as possible into this last week of freedom. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muy hermoso su trabajo Jon. Felicitaciones!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the star! Good luck with deciding on the next step for your doily.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exquisite, Jon! Who knew distractions could produce such loveliness?!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful star! I love Your works! Best wishes from Poland :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous star from distraction?! Very nice one indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I admire your work.
    Best regards

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous star, brilliant pattern
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  14. The star is truly a "STAR". Very lovely....awesome colours.

    Usha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it