My Free Patterns

I am still sorting out the blog entries for my free patterns, so there willl still be patterns that are not accessible. My apologies.

Saturday, 24 November 2012

Starting on a new piece

I decided to listen to the advice of a good friend and put aside the large NB doily for  a while and start on a new piece of tatting.  There are a number of pieces that I have tatted along the years but never got round to doing up the chart or write out the instructions.
Thread is Lizbeth  #623, size 40
The picture above is the first three rows of one of the first doily that I designed, that I am tatting again for the purpose of preparing the chart/instruction. I have often read other tatters commenting that they can see the difference in the tension when comparing their work now to those done much earlier.  I can see that in mine, too.  Comparing this with the original, I don't think I would be happy with the loose tension of my earlier works.

8 comments:

  1. This is looking very nice Jon, Thank you for revisiting some of your early work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny isn’t it, to compare today’s tatting to earlier things. I like to do that to see how far I have come since I started. The tension is so different - thank goodness!

    Your first designed doily? Wow! This a very pretty motif.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good. I had that experience too recently, when I found a collar I tatted about six years ago and realised how loose my tatting was then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks a lovely pattern, yes I can tell which pieces I did years ago, my tension has improved but I also find that if I am too tried my tension changes.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to tat-a-long with you Jon. I simply love your designs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ó de szép........... ezt nekem is meg kell csinálni, legalábis egy részét...Gratulálok!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it