NB Edging Part 2

This is the first repeat of the edging of the Norma Benporath pattern that I started in the previous post.

I was a bit confused when trying to determine the stitch count in the chains that form the 'stem' of the flower. Could not rely much on the picture either. This completes the first repeat of the edging.

Following the instructions, I am to cut the thread at this point and re-attach the thread at the middle picot of the last ring to begin the next repeat, as illustrated below.

I think you can guess what is screaming out to me -
"Split Rings"
Here is with two repeats done, with the split ring between the two.
Next is to do the corner.

Comments

  1. This sounds like a very challenging project because the picture and instructions aren't matching up! That can be so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, that is the challenge that I have taken upon myself - to create better visuals of Norma Benporath's patterns. They are too pretty to be left un-tatted because of unclear photos and wordy instructions.

      Delete
  2. This is looking pretty. I'm so thankful for the SR today. Karen in OR

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am imagining a wide cuff bracelet. Yay for split rings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great suggestion, Meryl. Isn't it great how a pattern can be tatted into something totally different from what it was meant to initially?

      Delete
  4. Again you're bringing another of Norma's patterns to life, and improving on it with a split ring, which is the perfect solution! This is a very pretty edging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice manoeuvre!
    Fox : ))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my. How lovely. The pattern reminds me of an orchard. Great idea to use a split ring there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very intriguing edging. I like the looks of it. congrats on using the split ring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kak Jon, thx for sharing.....that's a pretty edging.....wanna try out later :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi jon the edging looks gr8. do u have a pdf format for this..would love to have one..i have started doing ur elegant tatting snowflakes..shall upload the pics sometime..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant, the split ring works, looks a lovely pattern
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it