My Free Patterns

I am still sorting out the blog entries for my free patterns, so there willl still be patterns that are not accessible. My apologies.

Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Interim Tatting

After completing the Spring Doily, I worked on another doily from a pattern in the book New Tatting.  After working on it for a number of rounds, I decided not to continue with it because I did not quite like the thread that I had used for it.  This is as far as I got with it - and it sure needs blocking to lay flat.
I did not have enough of the thread to add any more rounds to it, so I finished it off with a round of chains which is not in the original pattern. I used up what is left in the shuttle tatting another motif from the book.


I think, maybe, deep inside I really wanted to start on Renulek's Summer Doily and that the doily above was just an interim tatting.  I even picked out the threads that I plan to use.  I hope the colours are summery enough.

11 comments:

  1. Your doily is very beautiful!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have two rounds on the summer doily, and I love the colors you picked for yours I decided to do the boring thing and use ecru ha ha. It is a first for me and I am glad I don't have much left cause I miss the variety of colors. I do like this first one you have done the pictures are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be fun to see the doily in all the Olympus colours - although your interim tatting is a lovely piece too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These colors are great!! Especially, the -seen from here- teal greenish. What make of yarn is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Olympus thread, Tally Tatty. The same brand that I used for the Spring Doily.

      Delete
  5. Were you using Keep & Share? If so, the same thing happened to me too. I don't know why, but I think it was because I hadn't logged in for a long time. I set up a new account and I just log in regularly just in case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jeff, Keep&Share.
      Thank you for the information. WIll look into it when I have the time to spare.

      Delete
  6. I hope you can get your patterns sorted out Jon - we'd miss them! Those Olympus threads look just right for a summer doily, I look forward to seeing how you combine them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The doily from New Tatting really is pretty! I did wonder about all those chains, though - wouldn't that be a bit tough for a beginner?

    Your Summer Doily will be lovely! I look forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BTW, I use Google Drive for my pattern PDFs. Not sure if it's good in the long term, but it's okay so far. A bit non-intuitive to set up and upload files, though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you leaving comments. I really appreciate it