Flowers and Leaves

 I decided to do another Ruth Scharf project after completing Kesturi

I have tatted a Ruth Scharf design a few years ago and thought I'd give a go with another design. I picked a pattern from her second book 'Occhi - Neue Blatter', on page 30. 


This is the basic composition of the design, a set of four leaves and flower motifs surround it.  I decided to make the flowers in different colours, using threads that I have in my stash.

Below is where I am at this moment. There should be another set of four leaves at the bottom right which I am going to do next.


Aftetr the third set of leaves, I realised that it would be easier for me to do the leaves first and then make the flowers later and join them up. There will be another flower in the space in the middle of the four set of leaves, which I plan to use bright solid colour. I am thinking of deep yellow to signify the sun.

Now that understood the construction and assembly of this Ruth Scharf design, I fell  in to temptation and decided to join Renulek's Spring 2023 Tat-Along. I have completed the first two rounds and now waiting for the next part.


Comments

  1. Early in the tat along you’ll have plenty of time for your leaves and flowers. Later, not so much! I’m always tempted by Renulek’s tat along, I’ve done 6 I think, but I have too much on now and not enough suitable thread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This will be my 3rd Renulek's tat-along. My first was with lots of different colours but it has gone missing, or I can't find it anymore. I plan to use several colours for this 2023 one to replace the missing one.

      Delete
  2. I love your leaves and flowers project!!!! :)
    Nice start to your Spring doily!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new project of leaves and flowers, I look forward to see how you get on with it, I am still thinking about the spring doily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers and leaves! I've enjoyed seeing your experiments with the stitch counts to get them just right, and admire your patience!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it