Took a break

I took a break from tatting to do other things. Specifically, I went for a week's holiday in Perth, Australia.
Here are some photos of my time spent in Perth and places around it.

View of the city taken fom the air as the plane approaches to land.
I am not a shopping person, so while the rest of the group went to look at the shops, my sister and I took a stroll in the Stirling Gardens.

I wish I could have spen more time along the narrow roads of Freemantle and in the quaint little shops, but here is the customary post outside the Freemantle Markets.  Another sister photo-bombed me here but she is looking so cute doing it, I let her be.

The Pinnacles is one place that I would highly recommend to anyone visiting Perth.  It is worth the 2hr 45min drive up, and there are many other interesting places that you can stop at along the way. 
The obligatory photo at Kings Park for an expansive view of Perth city and of the ocean.
On our last day, before leaving for the airport, we stopped to see the tulips at Araluen Botanic Park.  It was still very early spring/late winter and we are not sure if the tulips have bloomed. We were rewarded with some gorgeous flowers in various colour.  This photo is my favorite from the ones that I took.
One last photo at Araluen, showing the stream in the background.
Oh, also tasted the apple strudel touted as the best apple strudel in Australia. That went too fast, no one remembers to take a photo of it, he he he.

Back home, I continued with Round VI of the JS mammoth doily.  I had finished half-way of the round before the break.

Here is Round VI, done
I came back from the holidays in time for the closing ceremony of the Rio Olympics. Wasn't it wonderful that they had included a tribute to lacemakers in the ceremony?

Most of my crochets had been with thread, hence all my hooks are small-sized ones that I also use for making joins in tatting.  But I have some stash of yarns from long ago that I wanted to use up.  Bought a pack of larger sizes of hooks and started on this. It may be a scarf, or something else. I have not decided.

Comments

  1. I was in Perth in March to visit my daughter and her family, so I recognise many of the landmarks in your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed the closing ceremony! - although it was repeated in the late evening, I didn't catch it then either. Glad you enjoyed your Perth trip

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a wonderful holiday! I would love to visit Australia, but I'm not sure it will ever happen. It is pretty far away from us, and Dave only takes one week of time twice a year. Luckily, I have friends on the Internet who visit fabulous places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sentiments exactly about going to the US. This old body can't cope with the long flights anymore.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing your Australian pictures....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your doily is so beautiful!!! :)
    And I love the design in your crochet project!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a lovely holiday in Australia, I have never been and not likely to get that far around the world.
    Beautiful doily going to look beautiful when finished.
    Yes it's nice they had some lace in the closing ceremony

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is good to have a break from tatting especially when you have such wonderful places to visit. Thanks for the great pictures. The closing ceremony of the Olympics so reminds me when you, my sister and my son were on facebook commenting on the opening of the Olympics in London as it was happening live, the joys of the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I remember that as well. It was fun, wasn't it? For us to be in different parts of the world and yet be able to share something in common.

      Delete
  8. Thank you for sharing! Beautiful photos, especially liked the Olympic lace dedication! :) Your doily is gorgeous!--is it done now?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it