Round 3 and 1st mistake made

I started on Round 3 of the Model 13 Doily and made my first mistake.

There was something wrong in the rings of Round 3 as I looked at them. I looked at the pattern a few times and was very sure they were all correct, until I noticed that the rings at the base of the trefoil has an additional picot and three extra doublestitches.
I could undo all the stitches if I want to, seeing that I am still at the beginning of the round, but I decided to cut it off and start anew.
Having lots of this particular thread is another convincing factor to cut off, :)


The 'after' looks much better to me.

I am not very fond of picots with a single ds in between.  Somehow the picots get squashed when I do it like that. That is why I have altered some of the rings to have two doublestitches between picots, while still keeping to the same total number of stitches in each element.

Comments

  1. Looks better the second time, look forward to seeing how it works out
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, it curves much better the second time. Undoing ds is so laborious that I must admit I tend to cut, unless it's just a couple of rings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is reassuring to see I am not alone in committing that type of error!😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also working on round 3. I like your a adaptation. I have found that I only like 3 picots separated by 1 double stitch if I make the center picot longer, which I have done. When this round is done, I am going to press it with a steam iron to reassure myself that it will lay flat once it's blocked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Peg. I intent to press after each round as the piece grows bigger.

      Delete
  5. I don't like to cut but sometimes it is best. I made many many mistakes but like you had lots of thread and my scissors handy. Looks great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure it will be beautiful with you tatting it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have done the same thing if I had enough thread. Sometimes it is just easier and less frustrating to cut and start over. It's looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have cut the thread and started over many times. It's good to know I'm not alone! I agree, the second time around looks much nicer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it