Smalls

All other projects are on hold at this time.  I have to tat about 120 pieces of these small flowers in and I have about two weeks to do it. Luckily, for what these flowers are intended, it does not require hiding the ends.  That should save me some time.


I am trying out my new Clover shuttle, the latest one that comes in milk and chocolate colours.  Clovers are my favorites if I want to get things done fast, so it works just fine for me.

This is the chart for the flower.

The full pattern is, with shuttle and ball -
Ring (4-7-7-4), RW.
Chain (3), RW
Ring (4+7-7-4), RW
Repeat chain and ring to complete the flower.
The last join of the rings will require a folded join.

It is a basic shuttle and ball pattern, but since the chains are very short in between the rings, I am only using the shuttle with a little bit of finger tatting for the chain.
What I do is to start the ring with a tail of about 22cm of thread, pulled out from the shuttle.  I tat the first rings, but I do not reverse work.  Instead, I used the tail at the beginning and finger tat the chain by wrapping the double stitches over the core thread.

Easy easy, :)

Comments

  1. Love these sweet little flowers....thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little flowers, thank you for sharing your pattern
    Hope you get them all done
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are so simple and yet effective and good for using up bits of thread, but I am intrigued as to why you are making so many?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute thank you for sharing the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see where these beautiful flowers end up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple, yet pretty! And you have such nice, even stitches :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I guess? Are you planning to make 100 poppies. I vowed to do that before November 2018. I hate rushing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it