Eid Mubarak

A little bit delayed, but

to all my Muslim friends and followers.  I hope, despite of what is happening around the world right now, it had been a wonderful celebration to all of you.

Eid was celebrated on Monday, 28th July in Malaysia. The celebration was rather subdued after the shocking and sad news of what had happened to our airline MH17 adn MH370 before this.  Most of the national celebration were toned down or put on hold in remembrance of the victims and their their families, who are still waiting for closure. Somehow, it does not feel right ....

On the tatting front, I am working on a Jan Stawasz doily from his book Tatted Treasures, on page 62-63. This is the progress at this time.
It is a bit flimsy working with size 60 thread, after the Olympus for the two previous doilies.  I was not even sure it will lay out properly after the first round of rings-and-chains, but it seems like it is turning out alright after I have attched the second rings-and-chains round. 

Comments

  1. It has been a great tragedy, but it's still good to observe special days - I think it gives a special sense of continuity in everyone's lives.
    Jan's patterns always look striking in a plain colour, yours is very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful start on that doily!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it