TIAS and SCMR Heart

I have completed Day 5 of the TIAS, or so I thought ...
Here is the picture of the TIAS together with a heart which I will touch on later.

Can you see where I made the mistake in the TIAS?
I always prefer to work patterns off charts but this TIAS tells me that I should read both the chart and the written instructions together BEFORE I start.  Actually I made a mistake right at the beginning of Day 5 because I did not tat the 4ds chain before starting the split ring (Ring 25). It is Jane's fault because she did not draw that last chain in the diagram for Day 4.  So I had to undo the ring and tat again.

After I had all of Day 5 done and feeling happy about it, I scroll through the update of the TIAS blog and started to wonder why my two short chains looked different from the others' Day 5.  Took a look at Jane's instructions again and  ... they are supposed to be lock chains!  ....*duh* ...  Another round of untatting again later.

Now, SCMR Heart.
This pattern is shared by Grace Tan in In Tatters forum.  You may have to be a member to view the pattern, I am not sure.  If you are not yet a member, click on the In Tatters badge in the sidebar and it will take you there.

What I want to bring attention to in this heart is the chain that is leading towards the tip of the heart.  Notice how the chains (left and right side of the tip) change direction part-way through?  When I saw this, it reminded me of Martha Ess' folded ring patterns. Even though Martha's instructions were on folded rings, it worked as well on chains, which I used here.

Comments

  1. What a pretty little heart! Thank you for sharing it!

    Sorry about your tribulations with directions! I got a good dose of that with Frivole's butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you showing the little heart, I missed it on intatters, and have bookmarked it to tat when I get home, Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do with the TIAS
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your TIAS looks good now. I had to re-read some too, as I didn't have the 4 ds at the end of day 4. I had missed that as well, but did catch the line on Day 5 reminding us that we needed it.

    Your heart is very pretty, and I like the look where the chains switch direction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too did not tat LCHs and did not notice until I had completed day 6 this morning and started reading the TIA'S blog. So, I spent a couple of hours this afternoon untatting days 5 & 6. I redo either tonight or tomorrow night.
    Your heart is lovely. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too did not tat LCHs and did not notice until I had completed day 6 this morning and started reading the TIA'S blog. So, I spent a couple of hours this afternoon untatting days 5 & 6. I redo either tonight or tomorrow night.
    Your heart is lovely. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't see this post until today! I need to write up my SCMR Heart properly. It looks great! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it