A Wedding and some more of the SSSR

There was another wedding in the family over the weekend.  We had to travel almost 400km away for the wedding and reception on the bride's side.  It was a wonderful trip though tiring.  The reception on the groom's side, who is my nephew, will be this coming weekend.

This picture of the sunrise was taken from the hotel where we stayed. The room was facing the sea and so I had a good view from the balcony.
Sunrise viewed at Batu Buruk, Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
As with previous weddings, I included a little bit of tatting in the bridal gifts.  This time I tatted a lace edging for the ring pillow. The ribbon flower was the creation of a friend.  Thank you,  Umi Kalsom.
Ring pillow - the lace edging is a Norma Benporath pattern which I wrote about in this post of my blog
This is a picture of the masjid where the wedding ceremony took place.
Masjid Kristal, Pulau Wan Man, Kuala Terengganu
And finally, back to the 2-colour SSSR.  This is what it turned out to be, a simple bookmark.
I have not decided whether to add a tassel or tat a braid.  Maybe, in keeping with the split rings, I should tat SSSRs but with smaller rings.

Comments

  1. I love seeing the tatting on the ring pillow. It reminds me of my own wedding. My earrings were bead work from my cousin, my bouquet was all ribbon roses from my aunt, and the edging on my dresses jacket was tatting from my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bookmark is wonderful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bookmark looks great! I'm planning to try the bicoloured sssr, thanks for the info. Amazing building where the wedding was held.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your lovely wedding, the ring cushion looks lovely and your bookmark is beautiful
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little ring pillow looks so cute! And I like the bookmark, its nice with the colorseperation in the splitrings near the SSSRs.Happy tatting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bookmark. I haven't had a chance to try the SSSR with 2 colors yet.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it