Surprisingly, the instructions for the first two parts were quite easy to follow and translated very well into tatting. I didn't have much trouble with it so far. Here is the picture of the first two sections or rounds.
|Thread is size 60 Anchor, with a Clover shuttle included for size comparison of the work.|
But, I am not aiming for the full works and decided that I'll make a doily out of this. So, I have reduced the number of square motifs to just 4 x 3 squares and tatted the inner edging, resulting in a small empty space in the middle. I could have tatted two square motifs to fill the middle, but I will not be able to show you the inner edging as per the pattern. I will decide later if I want to leave the space as it is or fill it up with something or other.
The next two rounds needed a bit of thinking. I had to read the instructions for Round 4 to realise that I will need two shuttles for Round 3. Reading the instructions, I made a sketch of Rounds 3 and 4 to make sure that I get a reasonable shape for the two rounds.
|Sketch of Rounds 3 & 4|