New Year New Layout

Happy New Year everyone.  

Hope you all had fun with the fireworks last night.  Someone in our neighbourhood light up their fireworks with such a loud bang at the midnight clock that I felt my house shaking.  And set off a few car alarms as well.

As in previous years, I don't make any specific new year resolutions.  My usual resolve is to make each new year be better than the year before.  I know that if, by the end of the year, things don't work out as I had hoped for it will not be for the lack of trying.

To mark the new year, I have decided to go for a simple layout for my blog, very plain solid colour background.  And, I have chosen the simple white for the text background - no clutter and no distractions.

I need to change the header image also, seeing that it is now off-centre.  I don't feel like playing trial-and-error with the HTML set-up to centre it. Will do that a bit later.

Comments

  1. Jon, I've followed your blog since last summer and really enjoy it. I use Google Reader and noticed today that only part of the post came through. Is that something you choose or something with your new layout? It's fine either way but I wondered if you knew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, Jon - very clean!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all - Welcome Back! I'm amazed you recuperated so quickly - that was QUITE a journey, but an important one - and nostalgic I enjoyed reading your blog posts, and it's amazing you had to deal with snow - especially since it seemed to be more than they usually get at this time of year.

    I just want to wish you a Happy New Year and thank you for all your contributions to tatting. You have been so generous in sharing beautiful patterns and providing excellent tutorials about new and exciting techniques.

    As for your blog change, I'm impressed that you can even understand HTML. You obviously have excellent computer skills. I have no intention of learning HTML, and therefore my blog will reamain on the 'plain' side. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Jon! I'm afraid to try a new layout. The last time I lost some of my favorite things, never to be found again. Maybe it's worth trying though. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, plain is good for blogs. Unfortunately, my host provider is still stuck to 2010. I cannot post without changing the date to the last day of 2010. May have to change provider.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Jon. Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation. You sure had a fun time in UK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jon, your tatting just blows me away. It is so beautiful. I am trying to learn tatting and there is so much to learn. Your blog has helped me a lot in my tatting education. I have your site bookmarked so that I can come back often. As soon as I can, I plan to purchase your snowflake book. They are just so, so, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it