Experimenting


 I was playing with the balance of some thread in the the shuttles and made this up.  I don't know if this going anywhere, but just to share this ring-inside-a-ring thingy.  And, to satisfy my curiosity, has anyone done something like this before?

On another front, tatting may take a back seat for the next couple of months for this,

I'll be doing some sewing, clothes to be exact.  It is in preparation for Raya, or the Eid ul Fitr, to mark the end of the fasting month of Ramadhan.  Ramadhan won't be here until early August but I thought I'd make a head start and not leave it too close to the day. I did not sew my own clothes for the last two Rayas mainly because I left it too late.

Comments

  1. That's such a pretty fabric! Is sewing new clothes a traditional way to observe the special occasion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty little motif... I see something coming of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the ring inside the ring thingy. I will have to go and try this out now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if anyone has done this before, but I do LOVE the idea! Thanks for sharing Jon:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maureen, getting new clothes is the custom. The shops and boutiques are all stocked up as the date approaches. And the tailors (there are many who specifically cater for ladies attire) stopped accepting orders two months before the date. I used to have mine custom-made at the tailors but the charges have gone so high, enough for me to consider sewing them myself.

    Diane, I have to give that a try at another time, and see if it can turn out better-looking.

    Josie, Dale Marie, please share if you make something from this. It would definitely be better than my attempt, :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabic colors & such traditions are worth keeping. Cause you can be proud of it when it's all finished. Getting a head start isn't a bad thing either. You are so inspiring to so many others. Thankyou so very much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful!! Thank you so much for sharing your blog with me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it