The IOLI Convention are calling for Tatters

This 56th Annual Convention will be held on July 25th to August 1st this year in Los Angeles California. You can read all about the convention from the Freeway Lace Guild site, who are the host this year.

No, I am not attending this convention, though I wish I could. But I will be there, not in body but in spirit.

This years theme is Golden Nuggets of Lace. And to celebrate this theme, the Convention needs flowers, lots of flowers. And they wil be using the August Birthday Flower of the Month from the 2008 year's fundraiser, Flowers of Lace Put a Smile on Your Face.

And guess who designed the August Birthday Flower .... Me!



Please go to the online tatting class site to read more about it and to get the pattern of the flower. There is also a link there if you want to order the book, Flowers of Lace Put a Smile on Your Face. There are many other lovely flower patterns in there for each month of the year.

Comments

  1. What an honour Faizon! Now, only if the convention organisers send you a return ticket too ;) you'd be over the moon!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog! I really like you poppy too. Like you I will be at the ILOI Convention in spirit only. I hope to make Palmetto Tatting Days someyear-time will tell. Thanks for the link to the convention. It is nice to read what is going on even when you can't attend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Jon! :) The Poppy is also California's state flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting link, Jon, and terrific red flower by you! I wish i could attend that convention.... Would be so much fun! Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your design being picked! :D BTW I've given you a blog award. Check it out here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey,Jon-impressive site you have.Very nice...Patrice-the tatter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it