Bookmarks

I have not tatted bookmarks for a while and felt like making a few.

The one on the left is a simple clover with a twist. I use Hakelgarn Online size 20 for this and it measures about 6 inches (15.5cm) long and 1.5 inches (4 cm) wide. I think it may look better if made using finer thread and made longer. I may add a tassel to it.

The one on the right .... well... this one was a race to the finish and I lost when I ran out of breadth, or rather the shuttles ran out of thread - both of the shuttles together. What a time to run out when all I have left to do are one split ring and one short chain. How frustrating! This is not a new design. The first time I made this was during the early part of my 25 motif challenge. I used Olympus 40 for this.

Comments

  1. They are both very pretty Jon. Don't you just hate it when you run out thread right at the very end. So frustrating.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I particularly like the one on the right. Where did the patterns come from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both bookmarks are very pretty! I especially like the crossover effect in the one on the left. I hate when I run out of thread! ...especially if I'm close to the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Laura, Diane and Sharon,

    Yes, it is verrrrry frustrating. So much so, I am still not in the mood to make that final ring and chain, :-}

    These are my own designs, and no - patterns not written out yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the intertwined clovers. I think every tatter who sees how close that last bookmark came to the finish line is going to have the same reaction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colour of the thread that you have used, but isn't it just typical to run out so close to the end! Grrrrr!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The two bookmarks are very nice but to run out of thread that close to the finish is a curse from the tatting gremlins.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an ingenious way to use a basic edging pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was about to ask for the patterns. I think these are gorgeous. Still need to work on my tensions but still stuck with assignments.

    ReplyDelete
  10. another great works of the master tatter! i love the circular piece the most, and marking it now!

    also, i wanna let you know that i tagged you back on the "7 random facts" thing... hope you don't mind... rules are now on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate it